What’s Your New Year’s Resolution?
Believe it or not, those New Year’s Resolutions may have some meaning.
Statistics show that around 45% of people make resolutions each year. While only 8% are successful, people who make explicit resolutions are 10 times more likely to attain their goals than people who don’t.
As 2014 draws near, consider personal, professional, and even volunteer goals for yourself. Traditional resolutions include ‘losing weight’ and ‘eating healthy food’, but what about including your involvement in your youth sports organization in your resolution?
For example, how about committing to dedicating 3 hours a week to the organization? Is that both reasonable and attainable?
Demosphere Staff Resolutions
Fishing for ideas? Here are some from our staff:
- Eat more healthy food and enjoy the outdoors more – Camille Cheatwood
- Focus on being more present, flexible and productive. This includes being a better listener, working harder to understand things that are not in my normal realm, and to set and complete reasonable tasks. – Carol Baker
- Family reading time – Dannelle Lewandowski
- Clean off my desk & use my camera more on hikes/outings – Jay Baker
- Getting back into shape and creating my first cosplay outfit – Julie Maski
- Get organized and experience new things with my son – Kathleen Baker
- Maintain a whole foods diet, eliminating all processed foods and upgrade to safe, non-toxic cookware and bakeware. Ensure all personal care products are free of toxic chemicals like parabens and petroleum products. – Kris Baker
- If I need to change something, I don’t wait. I’m continuously working on being a better person, such that I’m providing a service to others in need (to the best of my ability). – Kristen Muller
- Treat my body more like a temple than a shack – Lyle Cowlbeck
- Re-learn Spanish, read more books, and increase my deadlifts – Mike Rosenow
- Eat more candy and spend more time with my boys – Myles Merrell
- See more movies, visit another country, and see a professional hockey game – Sam Brody
What’s your New Year’s Resolution? Let us know in the comments below!