How Did They Do That: Invitees
Competitive and travel programs that require players to tryout before being added to the roster are designed to compile the best players in each age group.
After conducting tryouts, the Administrator will want to create a list of players who have been selected to participate in the program. Only those selected will have the ability to register.
In order to implement this tryout to travel scenario in your own organization, follow one of the three methods listed below using the RosterPro® Registration System:
Create the invitee list at the seasonal level. Only players on this list will see this special season as an option during public registration.
1. When managing the season, under the Season Settings tab, locate the blue Edit Eligibility/Limit button.
2. Select the Season Invitees tab within the dialog window and turn the feature “ON” to create an invite list.
3. Invite players using the + Invite Player button. Choose the Program/Competition the players will be selected from (i.e. Tryouts) and the Season. Check the box next to the players that you wish to add to the invite list.
To add additional players from another program or season, repeat steps 1 through 3.
Create the invite list within the season structure for any/all of the seasonal groupings.
1. When managing the season, under the Season Structure tab, find the grouping that you would like to make an invitee-only group and click the blue edit button next to the Group Name.
2. Navigate to the Group Invitees tab in the window. Turn the Invite feature to “ON”.
Administrators can only add a group list for seasons that don’t already have a Seasonal Invite list created for the entire season (Method One). To add group lists for various groupings, you must first turn off the season invitees feature in the Season Settings.
3. Click the + Invite Player button and choose the desired players.
If you create an invite list for one of the groupings using this method, only players on the list can register for that grouping. However, other players that are eligible to participate in one of the other groups of that season will still be able to register for those groupings.
Create a custom code for accepted players to input during the Public Registration Process.
1. Begin by creating a custom data field in the Data Reporting & Management tab under Custom Data Management.
When creating a custom data field to be used as an exclusive code, only the text input option should be used for this purpose.
2. Connect the new custom data field with the eligibility settings at the season level by selecting the Edit Eligibility/ Limit button in Season Management. Within the Eligibility Settings tab, check the Custom Data option and select the Code option.
Once the code has been created, only registrants that enter this specific code will see the program listed as an option during the public registration process.
3. Custom eligibility can also be set through the Season Structure tab. After locating the group in need of custom eligibility, choose the edit button next to the Group Name.
Under the Grouping Eligibility Settings, check the box next to Custom Data and input the code.