Seasonal Registration Planning: 2013
The November edition of Maximize Demosphere focused on Seasonal Registration Planning and is featured below. Click to download a copy of the slides in PDF format. The slides are available to view as well with no narration.
During the session, we discussed ways for administrators to save time and tailor offerings effectively for the next registration period.
- Save Time In Advance. Rather than saving everything until the last minute, a collection of items can be completed long before the registration period opens, including:
- All posted information about your organization (key contacts, contact info, etc).
- Registration basics such as instructions, required information, policies, and more.
- Effective Setup. We encourage organizations to go through their registration process with a fine tooth comb to make the process as easy as possible for registrants.
- Collect only the information you need - cut out any information that's truly not needed or not used.
- Solicit feedback from registrants to discover any parts of the process that are confusing - the goal here is to make sure everyone completes the process quickly and easily.
- Make sure the system is tested before opening to registrants. Also, identify the person(s) that will answer questions should they come up.
- Smart Data Usage. Finally, we discussed some great ways to use your registration information to benefit your information.
- Marketing. Review the school attended by your registrants and compare to the overall enrollment at that school. Compare that ratio amongst schools to see any areas where you're strong or weak. Adjust accordingly.
- Demographics. Are you growing at the younger age groups? Do you need to focus more attention on boys programs? The data is definitely there to help guide these decisions.
Overall, the session provided a comprehensive list of items to review before opening your next registration period.
We hope you can join us for a future session!