Offseason Member Engagement
The December edition of Maximize Demosphere focused on Offseason Member Engagement and is featured below. Click to download a copy of the slides in PDF format. The slides are available to view as well with no narration.
During the session, we approached the topic of member engagement by addressing the current situation, offering ways to improve for the future, and ways to optimize events.
- Current Situation - Yearly Calendar. For starters, organizations should compile a yearly calendar of events. Include all key organizational events like registration periods, special events (elections/fundraisers), major club communication, and more. Then, review the calendar to see if there are any large holes - can anything be moved? Does anything need to be added or subtracted?
- Supplement Your Calendar. Assuming there's one or more holes - more than a few weeks without any event or communication - there's an opportunity to enhance the yearly calendar. Consider adding an event like an additional program, an awards banquet, a non-sports team bonding event, a seasonally creative event, an auction, a casino night, a golf tournament, or something else!
- Test & Optimize. Once events are on the calendar, how can we optimize them to make sure they're as effective as they can be?
- Psychological Concepts. Take advantage of scarcity (limited time offers) and the bandwagon effect (others are taking part) when marketing your events.
- Good Copywriting. Have a compelling event name and call to action to inspire people to act. Also, emphasize the benefits - what's in it for attendees?
- Google Analytics. Take advantage of existing website statistics to understand what events are driving traffic among other key metrics.
Overall, the session provided ideas and benefits for everyone - those looking to run their first event, those who have run many events, and everyone in between.
We hope you can join us for a future session!