Maximize Demosphere - May 2012
The May edition of Maximize Demosphere focused on Managing Fields with Field Permits and is featured below. Click to download a copy of the slides in PDF format. The slides are available to view as well with no narration.
During the session, we discussed the best ways to enter and use available field space when scheduling leagues and/or tournaments within Demosphere's system.
- What are Field Complexes? Field complexes allow you to group fields together that are located in the same place. Enter an address plus the number and dimensions of each field that's located there.
- Difference between Field Permits and Field Permit Groups:
- Permits define who can actually play on a field. Each permit has one field and one set of rules. Permits are placed in Permit Groups for use when scheduling.
- Permit groups can be created for use with different divisions within the same age and gender. They can also be created for use with out of town clubs or teams. There are multiple scenarios that might make sense for your organization.
- Best Practices for Using Permits for Scheduling
- Black out holidays - skip those game dates you prefer not to use because of holidays.
- Clone groups from season to season to avoid having to re-create things from scratch each season.
- Utilize the priority and max games features to limit games and use fields in the order you prefer.
- Filter the fields to make sure each age group and day of the week is permitted properly.
We hope you can join us for a future session!