Maximize Demosphere - June 2012
The June edition of Maximize Demosphere focused on First Impressions & Landing Pages and is featured below. Click to download a copy of the slides in PDF format. The slides are available to view as well with no narration.
During the session, we discussed the overall goal of websites and how to format content properly to achieve those goals.
- Your Homepage must answer these questions:
- What does your organization DO?
- What can people DO on your site?
- What is the overall PURPOSE of your site?
- People are looking for answers. At its most basic level, your goal is to help funnel website traffic to particular pages which have the answers that users are seeking. The site has to be easy to navigate and laid out in such a way that the path is apparent. We discussed particular items to be aware of and how quickly first impressions are formed.
- Landing Page Comparison. Landing pages are quite different from your homepage. A landing page attempts to drive an action on that page - a registration, logging an email address, or otherwise. A homepage tries to get you deeper into the site to then facilitate an action. There are many situations when landing pages make sense, especially when your site is linked from specific advertisements with a specific purpose.
We hope you can join us for a future session!