Maximize Demosphere - July 2012
The July edition of Maximize Demosphere focused on our Fall Website Checklist and is featured below. Click to download a copy of the slides in PDF format. The slides are available to view as well with no narration.
During the session, we discussed the importance of the start of the season and how to make sure your site is best prepared.
- Why Is This Important? The beginning of your season is the most important time of year. Making sure the content is updated, organized, easy to follow, etc, ensure that parents find relevant data and can register, donate, and interact with you appropriately. With membership fees making up the majority of revenue, making sure parents complete the registration process effectively is important.
- Who & What. Everyone on your board plays an important part as far as content is concerned - they all should have something of merit that needs to be shared on the site. As far as key content areas, keep the following in mind:
- A section exclusively for new parents where key information is arranged in one place.
- Volunteer information - list the positions you need help with so parents can see what's needed.
- Other types of involvement - list any other sort of help you need - supplies, networking, etc.
- Set Cruise Control. Now that we have an understanding of what's important, how do we automate efforts from season to season and year to year?
- Develop a content calendar so you know exactly when everything is happening. Work backwards to determine when key content should be posted about each event.
- How does social media interact with this plan? Remember, there should be a balance between content on your site as well as different social channels like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Set goals for yourself. Where do you want your site & social media presence to be next year? What metrics can you use to track these goals? Traffic? Facebook Likes? Twitter Followers? Define what's important and track your progress.
We hope you can join us for a future session!