This edition of our Maximize Demosphere Webinar Series focused on Website No-No’s and is featured below. Click to download a copy of the slides in PDF format.
Our topics for discussion included:
- Site Navigation. As a user, how easy is it to find specific content?
- Available Options – How does your site format the experience? Are there a small number of available options or an overwhelming array of choices?
- Focus – Have a goal in mind for your website visitors – what do you want them to do when they get to the site? Register? Donate? Volunteer? Make it apparent.
- Integrating Web & Social Channels.
- Work Together – Our presentation looks at one example of an organization doing well on YouTube with training videos. Then, when visiting their site, the videos are nowhere to be found. Why?
- Return To Site – Remember, the overall goal of your different social channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc) is to get users back to your site – ideally to do what you want them to do! Always keep that in mind.
- Care. Quite simply, if you don’t care about your site, why should a viewer? If items are spelled wrong, updated infrequently, or simply off-putting, you’re doing more harm than good.
We hope you can join us for a future Maximize Demosphere session!