As a youth sports organization, how do you use member data? Are your members aware of how their information is used?
- Describe what information is collected.
- How data is used … i.e. to analyze demographics.
- How data is stored … i.e. securely online or in paper files.
- Whether data is shared with any third parties. If so, what’s shared … and with who?
- How to ask questions about the policy.
Make sure your organization has one! If not, a quick resource that can help develop one quickly and professionally is iubenda.
How About Your Provider(s)?
That said, not all providers are the same – some sell and/or distribute member information to third parties. Make sure you’re aware of how your data is used – and make sure your members are aware as well. This will reduce potential issues down the line should a situation come up that a member isn’t expecting.
Latest posts by Kris Baker (see all)
- WebWriter® Content Management System Improvements - November 22, 2016
- RosterPro® Online Player Registration System Improvements - November 22, 2016
- More Flexibility With RosterPro® Automatic Installment Plans - November 22, 2016